Corvina grapes are grown in vineyards located in the upper Val d’Alpone while the Merlot grapes are grown on basalt soils in the Province of Verona. All the vineyards are characterised by a good sun exposure, which ensure the complete maturation of grapes.
The grapes were hand harvested. The 70% of them is destemmed, crushed and transferred to stainless steel containers. The remaining 30 % of the grapes are left to dry for about a month. Fermentation takes place at first in barrels and then in stainless steel tanks. At the end of this process the two wines are blended into an outstanding product.
A Merlot tast gives the wine a smooth palate. Clean, full and well balanced to the finish.
First courses with rich dressings, roasts, braised meats, grilled red meats.